See all Case Studies

Uckfield New Barn Lane

Uckfield New Barn Lane.
Orangery extension.
Sept 17 to Dec 17

Before we started this project this client requested that we carryout all of the legal paperwork and certification that was required, planning permission, building regs, drawings, structural calculations etc etc all of this was completed and in place before our start date,

This was an orangery extension with 12 square metre glass roof lantern to the rear of the property, which was 4.5-metre projection and 6.5 metres wide and 3 meters high to the top of the parapet.

The existing conservatory was removed and disposed of the footings were then dug and concrete poured and then built up to damp course, we had to re route the drainage and install two inspection chambers as the existing man hole would have been inside the new extension.120mm of insulation was used in the floor, 60mm in the cavity of the walls, a timber frame was made for the roof lantern which was to be supported buy steels that were connected to the two main steels that were put in when the rear wall that was removed.

The insulation in the roof was 120mm in between joists and then 70mm underneath. Two further existing walls inside were removed and steels connected thus making an open planned area of 57 square meters, which was for a new kitchen, and dining area.

We also up graded the consumer unit, done all relevant electrical works, fitted numerous different pendant lights and down lights all of which could be switched on separately, fitted 4 radiators, carried out all the plumbing for the new kitchen and heating system, we also had to move the in coming water main supply, we also supplied and fitted the bespoke kitchen the only section we didn’t do was the granite worktops but these were arranged through us, fully re plastered and decorated the whole area. Client chose natural slate

for the floor and we supplied at fitted this as well. The original kitchen was removed and we kept 6 of the old units and a section of worktop and then when everything was complete we removed the units in the utility room and re fitted the kitchen ones.

Pictures before, during & after

 

Associated with